Monday, September 22, 2008

Mí Primera Clase de "Spinning" en ESPAÑOL

It is so fun to burn calories and learn new vocabulary words while exercising with others! Today, I went to the UIB gimnasio and had a sweat fest! (Sorry for the visual) It was so awesome. The facilities are top of the line, and the class schedule is INTENSE. I can't wait to join some more. If all the other instructors are half as demanding as this guy I met tonight, then I will be in good shape, literally. He yelled things like, "¡Sube Medio!" and "¡Arriba!" En inglés, "Up the resistance!" and "Get up (out the saddle)!" It was great, and the music was hot too! The only songs I recognized were Rehab and Apologize during the cool down. He was serious about stretching, which I appreciated so much. We cooled down for nearly 15 minutes, but I KNOW that I will still feel this tomorrow.

Cross Cultural Note of the Day: To my knowledge, all buses stop at a certain bus stop for a "break," or whatever it is they really do! I took the bus home from campus tonight. When the bus finally arrived, he drove for about 3 minutes to another stop and stood there for more than 10 minutes. He was reading or talking on the phone. YES, this happens almost everywhere, from Detroit to D.C. to Palma de Mallorca. I was flabbergasted!

No comments: