Thursday, October 30, 2008

Time flies (and CHANGES) when you're having fun

I can't believe that it has been 11 days since my last post. The days are passing so quickly, and my schedule has filled up. More and more everyday I have more assignments, appointments, and activities. This week was hectic but fun. Still, I am so happy to begin my FOUR day weekend, friday to monday. Yes, that's right, no classes on HALLOWEEN. Although it isn't an official holiday here, Halloween is very much celebrated in Palma. Now, admittedly, I am not a fan of dressing up for Halloween; however, I'm feeling the spirit and preparing to participate. Actually, I'm excited about this costume, but I hope that I can pull it off. I will surprise you with pictures of my costume soon.

Also, this week, the time changed, and we gained/ lost an hour. I'm so disoriented that I can't tell which one actually happened. It gets really dark much earlier, which makes me feel like the day is shorter and tomorrow comes faster. It sounds confusing, I know. When I arrived, I was 6 hours ahead of Detroit/D.C. and 9 hours ahead of the west coast. Now, I really can't say. I'm constantly checking the time just to stay on schedule.

And what a schedule it is! Classes, excursions, and play dates. Yes, play dates! Twice a week, I have the opportunity to visit two young girls, ages 3 and 5, at their home to play with them and speak english. So far, I have been to play 3 times, and I really enjoy my time with them. The girls are very bright and the family is so genuine. It's nice to have an outlet or another place to go, aside from campus and home. In honor of the holiday weekend, we had a Halloween party, and I was actually able to find and buy a pumpkin for them. They were thrilled.

Lastly, I just want to share this YouTube video of Tenia Tanto que Darte, a song by Nena Daconte. By chance, I saw this video in the gym one day, and the song was stuck in my head for about a week. Finally, today, I was able to find the song and more info about the singer. Check it out, but be careful. You won't be able to get it out of your head!

No comments: